Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And I still have dirt in my sunglasses.

Like I've told you, I'm a little behind in blogging. Now that it's summer, I was hoping to get caught up and stay caught up. And then I realized that the chances of that are still pretty slim. Nice weather, no schoolwork, friends, and the ever going list of fun activities that I could be doing has kept me away from the chunk of cyberspace that is my blog. And despite the fact that I now own a laptop (yay!) my blog has remained silent- mobility didn't necessarily bring time.

But anyways back to being behind. Last month I got the chance to go with Whittney and her family on a road trip. They planned to leave Friday morning and come back late Sunday. They were going to spend all day Saturday riding quads in the mountains. It was hard for me to decide - skipping school, the cost, the homework- I even made a should and shouldn't list- (sorry, its a cell phone picture)

writing it all out made the choice obvious. (not really, but for this stories sake, that's what we will go with) and so I packed my bags and headed off to the mountains. It was a long drive, but after about oh, 7 hours (and a detour) we finally made it.

Whittney and I got a picture together at the firework store we stopped at before going to the cabin. We matched, haha.
The next day was the special day. We got up really early. You could say we were excited, because we were, but Jeff's snoring was mostly the reason we were up so early. About nine we went down to get the quads- we rented every one they had- and to head off.

We loved the oh so stylish helmets they had- okay we didn't because we are bad kids and usually don't wear them but they were pretty cool and a very good idea when your riding in the mountains.

After getting our helmets we hopped on the quads and spent all day- or about eight hours- riding them in the mountains. I wish I could have gotten more pictures but I wasn't going to risk my cameras life or mine trying to take care of it while I was riding, but believe me, it was awesome and so beautiful.

It had also rained that morning so it was muddy! And we were pretty excited about that! What makes quad riding better? Mud!! There were mud holes everywhere and it did not take us long to hunt them out and ride on through them.

Here is a picture of our lovely muddy quads:

One lesson I learned though was to not wear your good jeans...dust and mud do not come out and it isn't quite the fashion staple either. But I wear them anyways and if anyone asks why my jeans look muddy, I have a good story all ready for them!

Here is a picture of Whittney and I after our epic day of quad riding. And no, we aren't that tan, its dry mud. We had a bit of a mud fight in addition to the mud flying from riding through puddles.
I had an absolute blast on this trip- it was a trip I'll never forget and memories I'll always hold dear. It's so nice to be able to do these sorts of things with people who have turned into family. That's a wonderful feeling to have and I am so glad they think of me well enough to allow me to join them on things like this.
Oh and by the way, I really do still have dirt in my sunglasses, but a little dirt never hurt so it can just stay there and remind me of the awesome time I had.

Love,

3 comments:

  1. DEA!! That looks AMAZINGLY fun!! What a fantastic adventure!

    AWESOME POST!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun! And I'm jealous where at the first of your post it says no school work...I have to take summer classes...ughhh!!! Have a great one =]

    ReplyDelete